12.08.2010

I remembered how to cook, and started doing so

So, yeah, here it is:

The Little Tree That Hated Christmas
I should note that the pot it's in weighs about 5,000 pounds when it's empty, so it looks like "pointy, begrudging Christmas tree" is probably just a permanent fixture in our corner now. I'm hoping they make ornaments for all major holidays.

Guess who totally doesn't approve?

The Little Girl Who Hated Smiling

Ooooooh almost got her.
Monday night I made Smitten Kitchen's spaghetti with chickpeas.

Because one look at me and you think, "There's a girl who should be carbo-loading."
It was good, but I agree with her assessment that it the sauce-to-pasta ratio should be a little higher. I also commented to Dan that I thought a poached egg on top might help tie it together a little bit and he correctly pointed out that I think that about all dishes. And I'm not wrong.

Last night was Spiced Butternut Squash, Lentil, and Goat Cheese Salad. I always forget how much I hate dealing with butternut squash until I'm about 15 minutes into the process, but it turned out okay. Could have used more spice, more vinegar, more arugula.


Maybe a poached egg on top.

1 comment: