8.26.2011

Pulling back the curtain

Now that I'm in my third trimester, I thought I'd revisit my sadly underused Well-Rounded Pregnancy Cookbook while I still can.

First up: balsamic roasted chicken with Asian-style broccoli.

You know, when you just look at official dinner pictures, my diet looks pretty balanced.

Next: grilled asparagus and steak salad with cherries, pistachios, and chevre.

It's because I didn't take any pictures of the batch of brownies that I ate four of and then hid from myself in the freezer or the graham crackers that Anna gets one of for every five I eat or the two bags of beef jerky that I "shared" with Dan.

Finally: Tilapia Veracruzana with herb roasted potatoes.

Or the entire loaf of banana bread.
I think the last time we visited the playground at Central Market was almost a year ago. At the time, I was disappointed to see that her only interest was playing in the dirt, even though she was well over a year old and walking around on her own. Yesterday we had a break from "demonically blazing heat" for a pleasant day of "what the rest of the country would still consider blazing heat" so we took to the playground once again.

I feel like the use of implements is a definite sign of evolution.
Meanwhile, Anna continues to construct ever more effective sun-shielding ensembles.

Difficult times let her resourcefulness shine through.