10.03.2014

I don't think she's in an absolving mood

I refuse to let the fact that the first official recipe of Martha Month was kind of a flop dampen my spirits any. I BELIEVE IN MARTHA MONTH. I just do not believe in Tuna-Noodle Casserole with Cauliflower. This was the last of the "budget meals" section and I know I already joked about how nice it was that the magazine was deigning to appeal to the plebes, but this dish really does seem like some staff member said "I don't know, what do they eat in the middle of the country? No colors."



I believe the parsley was added in post by a beleaguered photo editor.


You know what though, it doesn't really matter other than the fact that the big bowl of white gave me the energy to tackle Martha Project #1: making my own earrings.

Anna and I were very comfortable and not at all overwhelmed in the bead aisle at Michael's.



Right at home.


Once she zeroed in on her favorite design, though, everything clicked right into place.



Just to clarify, the magazine did not instruct us to make them Halloween-themed.


I'm actually pretty happy with how they turned out, seasonally-restricted or no, and since the package came with so many beads, I just kept making earrings. I really like making earrings, guys. This has caused me to have like seven extra pairs. Do you want some?

Come. Join me in chicness.


I feel like I've Sad Etsy Boyfriended myself here.


If you're interested, let me know and I'll mail a pair to the first seven people who ask. Keep in mind that I may or may not manage to do that before Halloween. Also that they come in various configurations of skulls/black balls/no black balls and degrees of competent fastening. And may arrive in just any state of assembly, really. And probably shouldn't be shaken. Or dropped on the floor. Do not taunt Happy Fun Ball.


You know what, it's fine, I can just leave them out for the trick-or-treaters.


Okay, time to check the calendar! 

October 1st: "Move tropical plants into the greenhouse for the winter."



It's okay that it's 18 degrees cooler in our greenhouse than it is outside, right?


October 2nd: "Cardio and core." I would say the amount of jogging and planking I did was appropriate for a 73-year-old woman.


Anyway, if you have a problem with any of that, you can take it up with the archbishop nurse.