8.04.2015

So far so good

For August recipes I have decided to show some love to my sadly neglected, intricately compartmentalized Pinterest page. I'm going to try to make at least one thing from every board, which fortunately for me and my household includes "Donuts," "Candy," "Pies," "Frozen Desserts," "Cookies and Bars," and obviously a catch-all board for…."Sweets." IT'S GOING TO BE VERY HARD WORK BUT I AM NOT AFRAID.

Category: "Cereals." Recipe: Blueberry-Coconut Baked Steel Cut Oatmeal.

I decided to kick off this month's challenge by not following instructions, because one of the great things about summer is just being super laid back and not worrying about ruining stuff. Who's with me? Anyway, I used my slow cooker overnight instead of baking it in the oven, and at first it looked like I had made a giant bowl of inedible blue slop but it turns out it just needed to set up in the fridge for a little while. Like the recipe says.



Another great thing about summer is doing things correctly! 

Category: "Dips and Spreads." Recipes: Muhammara and Roasted Heirloom Tomatoes in Fontina. Summer is also a time that you can serve dips to your family and act like it is dinner and they'll pretty much be okay with it. I find that this holds true for autumn, winter, and spring as well, but that doesn't take anything away from summer.



GOOD JOB SUMMER

Summer Activities:

Sciencing!


 


Watering the mud patch!





Deeply pondering our structural inability to fly no matter how much or how insistently we flap our blanket!