8.25.2015

Apparently a lot of things in first grade are settled via dance-off

Only a week left in August and I still haven't tackled the categories of Pies, Candy, Pancakes/Waffles, Sweets, or Snacks. So, it's going to be a pretty great last week of August, is what I'm saying.

Category: "Appetizers" aka "Things To Take To Book Club." Recipe: Pepperjack Pull Bread.

As the recipe says, "it's like a bread version of nachos." I can think of no stronger recommendation than that.






Category: "Frozen Desserts." Recipe: Honey Roasted Peach Buttermilk Ice Cream.

I don't actually like frozen chunks of fruit in my ice cream, but somehow I managed to eat this anyway.


I'm no hero, any of you would have done the same

Category: "Donuts." Recipe: Chocolate Strawberry Donuts.

The six-year-old was not fooled by these at all. "This is healthy chocolate," she said, crestfallen.


Not once we piled some whipped cream on top!

Summer Activities, Nominal End of Season Edition:


Burgers and chattiness!







Really, really, really thoroughly testing potential new shoes!











Starting first grade!