9.22.2015

SSFMLA Takes In a Show

Pop quiz, hot shot:


It's not exactly roach water, but it still left an unpleasant taste in my mouth.


Dan is back in town, so I pulled it together and made some food, part of which was not pumpkin bread. Much of which…was, though.

Recipe: Pumpkin Bread. Why this recipe usually sucks: "raw, metallic flavor." This version involves cooking the canned pumpkin with the spices on the stovetop for a few minutes to mellow out the flavor. As far as I can tell, this results in bread that tastes a lot more…squashy. Not bad, necessarily, but squashish for sure.



Real squashful.


Recipe: Skillet Chicken, Broccoli, and Ziti. Why this recipe usually sucks: "flavors are mediocre…bone-dry…oily…overpowering amount of garlic." Wait, I don't think that last bit is even a thing? 



Needs more garlic.


The Super Social Food and Makeup League of Austin caught the Chris Hardwick Funcomfortable tour on Saturday night, but not before really going to town on some ColourPop eyeshadows. I gave Regan a bright pinkish-red and she gave me this glow-in-the-dark number:


See that hole? It's the bottom of the pan. I had never used it before that day. We do not skimp on the M part of SSFMLA.



Hard to tell how glowy it was, but I'm surprised I didn't have an usher asking me to please turn off my eyelids.


Oh, we also covered the F part, by quickly eating everything we could get our hands on at the Searsucker bar.



Malarkey!

Hey let's check in and see if it is still summertime oh it is okay.


Okay.