1.06.2017

We have plenty of seasons, sometimes five or six in one day

It's in the 20s here this morning, but don't worry about us, we are fine, totally fine, we super super got this.


Our high next week is 81. That's right, it's Check The Weather Hourly season in Texas!

And who cares about that anyway, I mean, do you know what time it is? That's right, it's...

PAPRIKA-THIRTY!

A common theme I have noticed in most paprika-heavy recipes is "meat/butter/cream," which is a terrific theme, don't get me wrong, but I thought I would take a quick detour to Vegetable Town, and thus: Smoky Chickpea, Red Lentil, and Vegetable Soup.


The recipe calls for 1/4 tsp of smoked paprika, but come on, we'll never get anywhere 1/4 tsp at a time, so I would say I maybe...dectupled that? WELCOME TO SMOKETOWN.



But then I wanted to give that Hungarian paprika another chance to show its stuff, and wouldn't you know it, Elizabeth sent me pictures from an actual dadgum cookbook, and now I am showing them to you, because this is a very good goulash and you should eat it. Thanks Elizabeth!






Is there kind of a lot of butter and also some oil and maybe sour cream and does it, in my opinion, taste really fantastic over mashed potatoes which also contain kind of a lot of butter? Sure. But just think of all the countless New Year's Resolutioners out there diligently mixing up their green smoothies and remember that it's important to keep balance in the universe and sometimes that means making sacrifices.



2017, time to dig deep 

SaveSave