5.04.2018

Some misguided adulteration of carbohydrates

 More spices? Of course. Always.

For the Italian Herb Mix, I used one of the recipes from the Penzey's site, Crispy Herbed New Potatoes. Hard to go wrong with roasted new potatoes, but if I'm being entirely honest I'm not sure the Italian seasoning added that much to it. I just want that straight up POTATO flavor. Boil 'em, mash 'em, etc. etc. Going to give the Italian Herb Mix a shot in a different context.



At least I learned that cheese omelets garner appropriately rapturous feedback from my youngest child, who is very stingy with her rapturous feedback


I also experimented with the Mural of Flavor, which was a free sample that came with my free box of spices, what are you even doing Penzey's, you're crazy, I love you so much.

Here is the recommendation for how to use the Mural of Flavor seasoning: "Try it on chicken, fish, pork and beef. Add it to soups, rice and potatoes. Shake it over sliced tomatoes, corn, popcorn and scrambled eggs." So I threw a dart and hit "rice." It was...fine? Maybe I should stop putting fancy seasoning blends on things I like the plain taste of.




The true love of starchy white food is salt and salt alone, I should know this



Some sad personal news:






A cat semi-convincingly disguised as Easter candy: