5.02.2014

I assume the recipe will be pulled from an ironically happy chapter

For those of you reading along with me (Hi, Robert!), I've started the next Book Lover's Cookbook selection: Thinner by Stephen King (or if your library rolls old school like mine does, by Richard Bachman). It's not the moooooooooooost sensitive to Romani culture, but I do like how much food the main character is eating. And he's not even fat anymore! Seems like everything is going to work out for the best.

Being currently unladen with any Gypsy weight-loss curses myself, I'm stuck with regular, vegetabley portions like a chump. Fortunately, Smitten Kitchen is here to take the edge off. And also to totally bury the requisite kale salad in honey and dried cherries.


YOU ARE A TRUE FRIEND TO ALL OF US, DEB PERELMAN

Speaking of good ideas, ratatouille is one!




Sticking the ratatouille in a sandwich is yet another one!




And putting a fennel and arugula salad on top of our fried chicken breast is…well, it's what we do. Because we are adults.


About half of my meals fall under the heading "Concessions to Age and Metabolism."


Ivy's Cinco de Mayo celebration has been in full swing since about Wednesday.





I can barely remember the last time she was this excited about a holiday.