2.27.2015

Important issues of the day

Dang, internet. We had some times yesterday, huh? I don't really know what to say except that I'm sorry about half of y'all's eyeballs and/or brains don't work right, it is clearly now and has always been a blue and black dress. The most interesting part to me was that a very tiny sample of married couples I know ALL proved to be houses divided on the issue, which makes me wonder if there is some mysterious force that attracts gold-and-white people to blue-and-black people. Take care of your gold-and-white partners, fellow blue-and-blackers. Their misguided senses make them vulnerable and they are probably feeling adrift today.

Anyway, here's something non-controversial, saltedtv.com's "Ultimate Vegetarian Starter Course"! I can't wait to learn how to be an ultimate vegetarian. Let's start with putting kale and spinach on a pizza, why not?





I tried to balance the half-assedness of store-bought pizza crust with kale that I actually harvested from the garden, but it didn't work. Half-assedness ruled the day. Did this recipe make me feel like an ultimate vegetarian? Yeah, salad on a pizza, pretty ultimate I guess.

Ah, here's something that sounds right up my alley: Warm Brussels Sprout Salad with a Poached Egg.




This salad is great! It also, ahhhh, 100% contains bacon. So. That's….you know. Does it make me feel like an ultimate vegetarian? No. No it does not. 

I was going to try the Parmesan and Tarragon Gnocci last night, but I was too sleepy to bother with it and also didn't have an entire side of brisket or whatever totally vegetarian item is probably hidden in there.


The disturbing pictures on my phone have taken a turn for the even more disturbing, so that's something.





What is it that you saw??

 I Swear I Sat Down Intending To Start Watching Middlemarch There Was A Cup Of Chamomile Tea And Everything Update: hahahahaha, it is no longer streaming on Amazon. I was equal parts irritated and hugely relieved at this development, but later I thought to check some other streaming services and there it was! Waiting for me on Hulu. So I am still not watching Middlemarch even though I totally could be doing so.

There Are Stacks of Candles In My House Update: hmm, kind of gave away the update in the title of that one. Do you want an experiment candle that wasn't exactly what I was going for? There are about ten, I think. I will send you one! I realize there is some sort of impenetrable force field around my comments section, but I will accept requests via Twitter/FB/email/rock with a polite note tied to it through my window.

Anyway. Take care of yourselves out there. This is a new and uncertain world we live in. Unless you saw blue and black, I guess, then the world is fine, carry on.