3.03.2015

Green machine

Technically I still have two free months on my SaltedTV subscription, but I…think I'm good. Nailed that vegetarian thing, time to move on. I feel like I've really been adrift with meal planning lately, which is unlike me. The last time I was really on top of things was probably Martha's October issue, but have you seen the current cover? It's just…different colored carrots. A stack of carrots. And do you know what's on the cover of this month's Bon Appétit? Because I don't. WHAT EVEN IS THAT.

So I need something simple and inspired that can compensate for this being the first March in four years that I haven't hosted Green Bunko. Something like…like…an entire…month? Of green food? Yes. YES. Take that, unappealing spring magazine covers! After years of trying, I obviously have this lifestyle situation under control.

The best part of this plan is that I can finally return to Pinterest, my long-lost love, and use recipes that are easy to link to, as such: Chicken and Avocado Salad.


Boom.

The worst part of this plan is that I have been away from my internet recipes for a while and that leads to things like forgetting that I already made this green soup and it was gross. But this time I salvaged it with a sandwich made out of spinach dip and butter!


Learning and growing, that's what we're all about here.


The girls usually try to eat around anything that looks green, so it will be pretty exciting to see which one of us breaks first. Speaking of children! This is one of my favorite childhood pictures (sorry Nathaniel) and I've basically been waiting for the historical reenactment since the day Ivy was born and YES IT FINALLY ARRIVED, SORT OF!


Hee.



SUBTLE.






Anna was a disappointingly good sport, but I'm still counting it.

Hey, guys? It's March now. The middle of it is fast approaching. You know what that meanssssssssss! I finally started watching Middlemarch, and I have to admit, it's a lot easier to care about what's going on with these people when I can actually see their hats.







Weird that some of them seem to be dressed as Pilgrims and some dressed as Henry VIII. Weird and awesome.


P.S. I still have candles! Free ones! Hurry up and get you one! I mean, I already sent the good ones to Miriel, Shin Ae, Andy, and Julie, but why not take your chances?