3.17.2015

(Dances a jig)

Top o' the mornin' to y'all! Got some pretty good stuff today.

Greenery:


Sopa Seca de Fideo with Tomatillos. "Green Month" is basically interchangeable with "Put Avocados and Cilantro on It Month."

TWO pies for Pi/Pie Day:


Six Ingredient Sausage Potato Pie

Chocolate Chunk and Pecan Pie. Usually I vow to be more prepared for Pie Day the next year, but this year I just vowed to remind myself how much I hate making pie. #selfacceptance #YOLOandpiedoughismessy


Soup that is vaguely Irish by way of potato content:


Dill Pickle Soup. I hadn't seen Dan look so skeptical about a recipe in a long time, but it's a SOUP made of PICKLES, how could that not be good? It's good!


Hey do you guys remember how much Baby Ivy loved St. Patrick's Day?


Three-year-old Ivy is making that exact same face this morning! Wait, St. Pat's doubles as Opposite Day, right?

In closing, a joke in the style of my kindergartener, who is significantly more self-assured in her craft than I have ever been:

"What did the (noun) say to the (other noun)?

(Five paragraph monologue in the character of noun #1.)

(Manic laughter.)

(Deeply satisfied sigh.)

These jokes are so funny."