1.15.2016

A dark horse in the pasta competition

Can you believe it's already time for BATTLE: NOODLES? Man, this month is just flying by.

Contender #1: Eating Well's Spicy Cauliflower and Pancetta Spaghetti. Disclaimer: I took the magazine-provided option to un-spice it, which may have affected my enjoyment of it but was not an unsanctioned change.

I wanted this to be better, because it certainly seems like a very good combination of things. I think the main problem was that it is almost impossible to get a satisfying all-ingredient bite on your fork. All the good bits kept burrowing down underneath the spaghetti nest.






Contender #2: Rachael Ray's Butternut Squash and Brown Butter Linguine. Disclaimer: I used whole wheat linguine instead of regular because that was what was on sale at HEB.

This was considerably easier to make, but a little on the bland side for me. Look how pretty a big dollop of ricotta on top of dinner is, though!





Winner: this king cake Regan brought me from New Orleans.


Hey Regan this was only supposed to be two servings, right?


So far my favorite thing about Girl Scouts is the Walmart employee cosplay.