1.26.2016

Texas Winter PSA

Guys, I'm having a real "How am I supposed to make the coffee before I drink the coffee" sort of morning here, so let's just power through Battle: Fish as best we can.

Contender #1: Eating Well's Roast Salmon with Chimichurri Sauce.  


It said "serve with roasted broccoli and mashed potatoes" but somehow my eyes read "tater tots," weird.

Pros: tasted good, the fish was nicely cooked, came together quickly. Cons: forced me to use and therefore clean a food processor, generated way way way more sauce than the meal called for, offered several suggestions for using up the leftover sauce knowing full well I am going to leave the little container in the fridge until it seems safely past its prime at which point I will wash it down the sink and thereby making me feel guilty in advance.






Pros: hard to go wrong with mango and coconut milk. Cons: looks pretty terrible in photographs, I am a subpar pan-fryer of fish, only calls for 3/4 cup of coconut milk which means after you absentmindedly dump the whole can in the pot you have to do some math to increase all the other ingredients proportionally, also means you have a significant amount of leftover coconut rice, actually that last con is more of a pro.

Winner: ideally I would just pair the salmon with the coconut rice. Tie.



No blizzard here, but it did get cold enough for hot chocolate.


Not for pants.


IMPORTANT NOTE: Many people don't realize this, but cabin fever can strike on even the 70-degrees-est of days.


You have to be vigilant.