|"Mom's Toast." Whatever mom came up with this recipe really has her shit together.|
|"Crispy Fries." Why yes that is an egg to poke those fries into. Yes it sure is.|
|Crispy Fish and Chicken Pad Thai tacos. This was my most fulfilling Taco Tuesday in recent memory, all around.|
Aaaaaaaand a Dolly Parton concert. First, let me point out that Dolly's outfit and guitar were so sparkly she was impossible to photograph. All of the pictures just look like you took a stage and cut a Dolly-shaped section out of it.
And I can honestly say I don't remember a three-hour stretch of time where I have felt more emotional whiplash in my entire life, which is really something for a Tuesday night. To wit:
- I love Dolly, come on
- She started at 7:30 on the dot and I both respect and am amused by that
- Nostalgia for old-timey rural white people life is hitting me real wonky
- Also everyone here is white
- Everything on stage SO SHINY and I am a magpie of a person
- Boob jokes
- Dolly has a perfect, non-ironic 80's standup delivery of the line "But seriously, folks"
- Again, romanticizing a simpler time when everything was much, much worse for women and POC is not a great look right now
- Oh wait are we...singing protest songs?
- We are singing protest songs
- Lord help me the dulcimer is also covered in rhinestones and I love it so much
- Boob jokes
- Every time she says "But seriously" I dissolve into giggles
- The whiteness of this crowd is even more apparent when they start dancing
- I am deeply, deeply ambivalent about my heritage WAIT A SECOND is she playing the Benny Hill theme on the saxophone?
- I probably watched 9 to 5 more times than was appropriate for my age and also I'm starting to wonder how much that one movie influenced my current feminism, I think it might be a shocking amount
- I am exhausted and she is still in those heels, though
Wait, maybe we can see her better after the intermission outfit change?
So that was three nights ago and I am still worn out just thinking about it. Luckily, Ivy is here with the Cake Delivery Train.
|Not a moment too soon|