3.05.2011

Laissez les theme parties rouler

Wow, when I wait long enough between posts I get all nostalgic for the long-ago meals. Hey there, red lentil and root vegetable dal from my vegan cookbook! I remember you, all healthy and balanced.

I should probably just change the name of this blog to "Poached Egg or Greek Yogurt?"
And look! It's tuna cabbage salad on homemade oat bread, what a great start to the week so far!

No way this healthy train is getting derailed.
Okay Wednesday, what have you got for us?

(COMICAL RECORD-SCRATCH.)
Ooooooh that's right, Wednesday was my turn to host Bunko. As you can probably guess, I kept it all very low-key and simple.

No. I didn't do that.
I decided to have a Mardi Gras party, as I am physically incapable of getting through a day without attempting to make it themed. Seriously, it's an actual addiction. TLC is thinking of giving me my own show.


Muffalettas with olive salad from my canning book, stuffed mushrooms, cajun popcorn, red bean and rice dip, crab cakes. This is both the party menu and a summary of my diet for the past three days.

There was also king cake with cinnamon ice cream.

And a baby, for tradition and creepiness.
I will start cooking again. At a later date. This is absolutely the plan.

Anna is still helping arrange things in the kitchen. Her style is quirky, but I think I'm starting to get it.

"Spoons? Hmm."

"Kitchen mat. Yes."
She has slowed down the last couple of days because she's a little bit sick.

And super dramatically lit.

3 comments:

  1. Baby Feng Shui may well be Anna's way of coping with her codependency to your theming addiction. It's something to bring up during discussion at your next Themers Anonymous meeting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dude... red bean and rice DIP?? I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This post makes me VERY upset that I missed another bungo opportunity... although, really, just for the food part.

    ReplyDelete