5.26.2011

I am so close to making this blog a pizza and ice cream review site

Despite being safely in my second trimester and no longer besieged by constant nausea, I still do a great deal more "unhappy yet determined choking down" of various healthy things than I prefer. Here are some perfectly nice-looking, nutritious things that I practically had to force down my own throat by massaging it with my hand, like giving a vitamin to a cat.

First, Buttermilk Farro Salad from 101 Cookbooks. It's basically covered with homemade ranch dressing, and still no. I actually only picked this recipe because I was looking for a way to use up the fennel that I thought I was getting in my Local Box but didn't. So there's no fennel. And no reason for this salad's existence in my life.

Hey, that was a really compelling story, about the fennel. You're still thinking about it, huh?
Then we have fish. Fish with salad and steamed edamame.

The fish pictures just never look interesting.
This one was much less arduous, overall: Sweet Potato-Peanut Bisque with salad (slightly arduous) and buttermilk biscuits. The biscuits were only because I had buttermilk leftover from earlier in the week.

Dan is going to weep when he reads this, but we were thisclose to having soup and pancakes instead.
Once she had her fill of the tissue paper surrounding it (or we threw it all away when she was napping, whatever), Anna really got into the drum set Kay brought over for her.

"I have found my calling, and--perhaps unsurprisingly--it is beating things with sticks."