12.06.2011

Sulk and cookies

It's cold outside! Soup for dinner! My favorite thing about 101 Cookbooks is that the recipes always seem virtuous, even when they contain half a stick of butter.

Red Lentil Soup with Lemon (AND BUTTER)
Speaking of nutritional virtue, I have invited an old frenemy back into the house.

Just getting warmed up for January, the traditional season of health-torture.
On the other end of the food spectrum, I guess Anna got tired of waiting for me to start the holiday baking and decided to do it herself. One gets the sense that she was feeling rather put-upon.

"I have to do every freaking thing around here."

"Seriously."
It's been a long time since we had an Anna's Fashion Corner update! Today, holiday gift bags as unique seasonal footwear.

I feel like you need the air of defiance to really sell this look.
In other-daughter news, Ivy is also totally surprised that she's already been here an entire month.

She'll be sullenly making gingerbread men in no time!