1.06.2012

I think she's running the long con

Time to play with new cookbooks! I figured the best place to start with The Homesick Texan Cookbook was with the cover recipe, so here is my version of Guajillo-Chile Fish Tacos:


They look pretty good, right? I wish I could give an accurate report as to their flavor, but that night we had a dinnertime meltdown and sometimes my fugue state deadens all the senses, not just sight and hearing. So to me these tasted like "please just let it end, let it end, let it end" and I probably won't make them again. Sorry, perfectly good recipe!

Fortunately, the cauliflower soup from Super Natural Every Day was eaten during peacetime, so I can say with confidence that it was delicious.


This week in Anna's Fashion Corner...I just...I really just need more sleep, you guys.


At two months, Ivy is quickly emerging as the happy-to-pose one.

"Just keep it on my good side, Ma."
Although sometimes I get a weird feeling that Anna has just been messing with me this whole time.

"No one will ever believe you."