1.13.2012

Haven't been to preschool since the 80s, maybe teaching methods have changed

On Wednesday night we had pot roast with carrots. This is entirely unremarkable aside from the fact that it 1) came out of a jar 2) where my mother had placed it 3) and given it to us as a Christmas gift 4) because that is how we roll in my family.

Right under the tree, y'all.
Then we returned to Super Natural Every Day yet again for some split peas and pesto with salad greens. You guys know that expression, "Cheeseburger and fries for lunch, guilt and green mush for dinner" right?

I have it in cross stitch.
 If you've been following along at home, you already know exactly what I had for lunch today.

I feel bad for cookbook authors when I think about my natural gift for improving their recipes 300%.
As I mentioned, Anna has started going to school for two days a week. It was really heartbreaking to see how sad she was about leaving her beloved mother.

Nope.
It's hard to tell what she's learning so far, since her answer to the question "What did you do at school today?" is "Mama and baby sister IN THE CAR!" because she does not like to dwell in the past, you guys. I can say that her yogurt-eating and lining-up-of-things skills seem intact.


And this is probably a coincidence, but all week she has been trying to eat things with her feet, by which I mean proving surprisingly competent at eating things with her feet. Not on the curriculum, but she never did that before, I'm just saying.

Ivy's laying low.