8.15.2014

I know I should unsubscribe but I want to see what happens next

Back to life, back to reality, back to 48 Summer Recipes in Bon Appetit. Come, join me, delicious seasonal things await! Also some beets!


BA#30: Bean Salad with Lemon and Herbs. This had a nice, light flavor, but I don't know about raw green beans.  I like my green beans Southern-style, so mushy as to make their intactness seem nearly physics-defying. I had no doubts about the structural integrity of these guys.

BA#31: Spaghetti with Tomatoes and Anchovy Butter. I know anchovies look kind of creepy in their little tin, but they are beautiful, salt-giving creeps and that's alright in my book.

BA#32: Crushed Beets with Lemon Vinagrette. Beeeeeeeeets, guys, I keep trying. But eating them always makes me feel like a Russian peasant, and not in a fun, sexy way either. Silver lining: I served these to Dan as a dessert and he hasn't skipped town, so our marriage must be in  pretty good shape.


Hey girls, can you stand together and smile?


Together.



And smile.



Pretty close. What if we go to the pool?




…the zoo?



Well, fine. But I want you to know that you're never going to be as glamorous as this baby.


He or she is getting a Social Media Image.