8.12.2014

Vacation/ all I ever wanted/ almost literally

Guess what? I stayed in a HOTEL Sunday night!




With a BALCONY outside my room!





And ART DECO PINEAPPLES IN CACTUS-FLOWER GOBLETS instead of gargoyles!





The last time Dan traveled, he arrived super late the first night and got booted from his reserved hotel, so he ended up with a comped night at any location. Let me tell you, his inconvenience was 100% worth it to me.

We knew we should head north, you know, to escape the August heat, but its possible that 180 miles was not north enough.





So obviously we spent most of this mini-vacation inside. Inside of here, for example:




Where they have these:





And here:




Where they have all of this, some of which is barbecued pork belly and some of which is chocolate cake with coconut ice cream:










And also in here:



Where we encountered these bad boys:




So, basically, that mini-vacation was more successful than we ever could have dreamed. I mean, we missed the girls, obviously. But I think Anna was happy to have some space to work on her sound.