6.03.2016

*blog inexplicably goes quiet until August 23rd*

Hey guys! I'm not sure if you were aware, but it is currently the following: 1) June; 2) National Donut Day; 3) the first day of summer vacation for my children. I'm so excited about one of those!

After my May approach of "here family, I put some crackers and ketchup in a trough for you" I decided to tack hard the other direction and pit Martha against Rachael in a BATTLE OF THE SALADS. They are so so confused right now.



Martha: Barbecued-Chicken Salad. Martha uses the word "barbecue" in that weird Yankee way that just means "grilled." So this is a grilled chicken salad with grilled corn and it is fine and summery if you're into that sort of thing.



It's fine, I don't judge you


Rachael: Roasted Chickpea Salad with Pita Chips. It looks exactly the same as the other salad, but somehow it is better.



I wonder how worried my children are that all of June is going to be stuff sprinkled on romaine 

Winner: Rachael, because I really like tahini and roasted chickpeas and also I have very specific Texan ideas about the word "barbecue."


Anyway, it's summer now and everything is 100% great it's all activity books and pancakes and posing with hearts and apples.








This is definitely going to keep up for the next 81 days so stay tuned for more of the same and absolutely zero rapid slide into boredom and bickering and seasonal despair!