8.08.2017

Can you tell there was a break in the weather

I'd like to start off by saying that on Sunday night I ate an entire cheese board by myself. I mean...am I proud of that fact?



Yes, why else would I mention it


I also got the girls to assemble cookies for me. If you've ever considered having children, I highly recommend you start with the 5-8 year models.



They run so much quieter than the newer versions


I'm trying out a library cookbook this week, Real Simple's Dinner Made Simple. I really like the layout. It's, uh, simple. For some reason I started off with oatmeal with cheddar, scallions, and paprika.



You are either intrigued or you have already x'd out of this browser window, sorry, have a good week guys


Conclusion: I am PRO savory oatmeal. Put it on the record!

I also made the spinach salad with eggs, bacon, and avocado, which is almost exactly the same as a meal that we had last week at my parents' house. Through some sort of grandparental magic, both of my children have now accepted spinach salad as a reasonable, non-horrifying thing to eat.


THIS IS WHAT A POSITIVE DEVELOPMENT IN MY HOME LIFE LOOKS LIKE



Anyway, if these dog days have got you down, I recommend throwing a water balloon at your sister, it does wonder for one's mood.