8.29.2017

Ways to help; cat talk

I'm really only checking in today to hit you with a linkstorm of various ways to donate to local Harvey disaster relief:

Hurricane Harvey Relief Fund, set up by the mayor of Houston

Houston Food Bank

Food Bank of Corpus Christi

Bastrop Food Pantry

Houston Humane Society

Texas Diaper Bank

BakerRipley (long-term hurricane recovery)


You can also support evacuees to the Austin area:

Austin Disaster Relief Network

Central Texas Food Bank

Austin Pets Alive



We were very lucky to be on the non-disastrous edge of this storm but I am hurting for my fellow Texans and I know the road to recovery is a long one.



****I don't have a jokey or thoughtful transition today****



But here is a sign that the early morning enthusiasm for school has faded a bit one week in.










The enthusiasm for cats and cat-related activities (Pusheen-drawing, Warrior-Cats-explaining), however, rages on.