1.18.2011

I also ordered her three desserts, just in case

Yesterday I said, out loud, "Now that Anna is a toddler we never have really terrible days anymore," which was obviously quite stupid, as it necessarily followed that we have a fairly terrible day today. Haha LIFE, I totally get it, you're so hilarious.

But before today's long stretch of sleep- and food- and calmness-avoidance, we had a tiny little milestone: Anna's first kid's meal at a restaurant.

Dinner, in Orange and White.
I think we jumped the gun on that by about two years, since she ate approximately 3% of her food, but it was fun anyway. And now I've had my first experience with wanting to eat my child's leftovers after she went to bed. I fear it will not be my last.

Dinner tonight was Pork Chops with Chile Colorado along with some roasted root vegetables (turnips, beets, and kohlrabi, for you CSA score-keepers).


WARNING: the following image is extremely graphic, but I wanted to prove that I took those beets down with my own two bare hands.

Beets: bringing the drama to food prep.
At least I had Anna to help out, as always.

Okay, well...

Not really.
To be fair, she was pretty busy working out some new looks.

Regal!

Enigmatic?
At least she was pleased that I did not repeat past beet-eating-wardrobe mistakes.

I know this seems to belie my "terrible day" assertion, but I believe she may be considering stabbing me with that fork here.