6.15.2012

Only 45 recipes left! Summer's practically done!

Dan is out of town and things are breaking down pretty rapidly around here, so...quick and dirty Friday post, let's do this.

BA#13: Keilbasa with onions and poblanos. I'm a big fan of the wrap-it-up, throw-it-in-the-oven approach, and this was no exception.

Also a fan of cut-up-three-ingridients-and-call-it-dinner.

BA#14: Black rice salad with mango and peanuts. I intended to use the "optional" fish sauce, but was relieved to find that my bottle of fish sauce was expired. Anyway, this was exotic and healthy-seeming. There is a lot of it left in the fridge. I feel like it's going to sit there for a while.

It's okay, it makes the fridge feel fancy.

BA#15 Watermelon and grapefruit agua fresca. I'm so tired of this straining huge amounts of fruit nonsense. You'll notice I already dropped the cheesecloth from the equation. If you see me just squeezing lime juice directly into my mouth in the next few weeks, you'll know what the deal is.

You don't HAVE to drink all your fruit just because it's hot outside, Bon Appetit. Solids can be cold too.

I call this one "Daddy Went To Canada For Four Days."


I happy to report that Anna has settled into her summer wardrobe routine nicely.

Unbuttoned 18-month onesies are the next hot thing, you heard it here first.
The highly-observant among you will have seen the new Food Lush badge on the side of the blog, and I am excited to report that I have joined the staff and will begin contributing on Monday if you want to wander over and check it out. I will of course be writing about my first love (automotive repair).