1.02.2015

I GUESS I AM ALSO YELLING JOKES A LOT THIS YEAR

Hello and happy 2015, everyone! Unless you are already past the honeymoon phase of this year, in which case, chin up, only 363 days left to slog through.

On Wednesday night we attended our annual Huff-Loontjer New Year's Eve Extravaganza for the 12th time in a row. Over the years this occasion has morphed from "hitting three parties by midnight" to "doing shots in Amsterdam" to "piling small children together as adorably as possible so we can play Yahtzee in peace." Non-stop craziness, is what I'm saying.




Dan had DOUBLE YAHTZEES this year.


I know it seemed like I had really dropped the ball on the December Martha recipes lately, but I was really just waiting for the ball to drop.


GET IT

BECAUSE OF NEW YEAR'S EVE

SOME PLACES DROP A BALL AT MIDNIGHT

AND IT WORKS WITH THAT FIRST EXPRESSION


Anyway, that's Pistachio Guacamole, Prosciutto CrispsRed-Pepper and Walnut Dip with Pomegranate, and a Cheddar and Almond Pinecone that looks better than Martha's, that's right, I said it, 2015 IS MY YEAR TO DOMINATE THE CUTESY PARTY FOOD SCENE.

Anyway, I don't even know what Emily's contribution was, just her good looks I guess.


Lazy.


There hasn't been a lot on Martha's calendar lately, but if you haven't already, you should be taking down your Christmas trees, plural, today.

2015 BLOG PROJECT ANNOUNCEMENT: I plan to continue the half-success of one of 2014's projects, which is reading/cooking along with the Book Lover's Cookbook. This time I am narrowing the focus down to classics, as that is the part I enjoyed the most last year. Looks like some great stuff on the schedule, including Oliver Twist, Les Misérables, and The Grapes of Wrath, so get ready to experience a lot of joy and laughter together.

Speaking of, I really do hope everyone bore their end-of-year fun with as much dignity as possible.