5.08.2015

Look for a lot of cheese in the next few weeks

Guys, I was so distracted by my candle-slinging venture that I stumbled into May without a food theme.  (My book theme, of course, continues to be "not reading Middlemarch, but leaving it marked as 'Currently Reading' on Goodreads in order to punish myself.") I had to dig deep, but I am now pleased to welcome you to It's My Birthday Month And I'll Make What I Wanna Make May!

I know it sounds a little obscure, a little precise, but stick with me. I think the inspiration was realizing that Tuesday was Cinco de Mayo and I hadn't cooked out of Homesick Texan in a while and there was NOTHING STOPPING ME from making chalupas for dinner. NOTHING AND NO ONE.



I CONTROL MY OWN DESTINY AND IT HAS FRIED TORTILLAS IN IT

Then, I mean, I already had Homesick Texan open in the cookbook holder, so I went ahead and made some salmon croquettes:




And some killer avocado soup:


If you are in need of comfort, I suggest a bowl of avocados, coconut milk, and buttermilk. If you are truly in the depths of despair, crumble a dozen or so tortilla chips in it. There, you are fixed!


I'm ALSO pleased to report that I have made a significant breakthrough on the mothering front, as I have determined that all previous scowling was due to an appalling state of underaccesorization.





We will only ever be happy, if slightly over-warm, from now on.