12.15.2015

More of a Khaleesi, maybe

I told y'all December Martha was going to bully me into a soufflé and here we are:


Just a note: the estimated "40 minutes active time" barely, barely covered my attempt to tie the parchment onto the dish with twine. Did not account for other prep, gathering ingredients, sitting down for a few minutes to solemnly contemplate how I am using my precious hours on this earth, etc.


As soon as I poured some not-very-mixed-looking soufflé glop into two containers that were not quite large enough to accommodate it I began looking forward to what was certain to be an entertainingly bloggy disaster and also wondering what we were actually going to eat for dinner.

BUT LOOK THO:


They are BEAUTIFUL AND DELICIOUS just like Her Excellency Martha, First of Her Name.



I also put up my favorite Christmas decoration on the laundry room door and it is adding a lot of holiday cheer to that particular chore lately.





This year's addition is no slouch, by the way, because preschool continues to be the best:


Martha bless them, honestly.

I had a cookie exchange this past weekend, so obviously I turned to the COOKIE ADVENT CALENDAR:





Before realizing that WHOOPS IT'S ACTUALLY ONE GIANT STARBUCKS AD.






So I drank a lot of coffee and made brickle again instead.