4.19.2016

Her lassoing hesitation makes so much sense now

So I guess this has turned into, uh, (checks calendar) Is It Tasty MONTH at this point. At least. Onward!

Recipe #11: Banh Mi Meatball Sandwich. Claim: (Will Help You) Brush Up Your Vietnamese-Style Cooking Chops.




Tasty: yes, but really, really difficult to eat.

Brush Up My Chops: I guess? I don't know, I think I'm just as bad at chopping radishes now as I was two days ago. Also, what kind of understated selling point is this, Buzzfeed? What's become of you?

Child Approval Rating: refused to humor me with thumbs up/down system any longer or say that she actually liked something, but did in fact eat the whole thing without howling at the injustice of it all.



Good enough!

Recipe #12: Frozen Yogurt Granola Cups. Claim: You Need (Them) In Your Life.





Tasty: I eat granola and yogurt most mornings, so this is obviously a combination that agrees with me.

Need Them In My Life: first of all, you already said that about the nachos, and it was true then, so I'm not sure why you're pushing your luck here. Second of all, definitely not. Remember when I said the sandwiches were difficult to eat? I was just kidding, they were super, super easy and convenient compared to these things, which are basically popsicles with no sticks. HOW ARE WE SUPPOSED TO EAT YOU, FROZEN YOGURT CUPS?

Child Ability To Consume These Before Bedtime Arrives: middling.





Anna gave me permission to use the following picture as long as she was allowed to dictate the caption, and that seems fair:


My daughter as a Girl Scout loves to be with her friends at Pioneer Day.

Listen, I think she's referring to the rest of her troop, who are out of frame, but she does have a pretty long history of affinity with inanimate cows.

Hey, who's super pumped about all the springtime mud around here?