9.26.2017

Also, what if: pasta every day?

I can't remember who mentioned The Lazy Genius on Twitter (sorry/thank you, Twitter friend) but I've been poking around those parts and have emerged with several helpful ideas, first among them "always eat pasta on Mondays." Okey dokey!

I picked this Vegetarian Citrus Pasta with Swiss Chard recipe because (brace yourself, brag incoming) I knew we had some chard in the garden that needed to get eaten and because I had enough energy to weather the storm of whiny children certain to object to green flecks and whole wheat pasta and the taste of lemon and the angle of the sun etc. etc.

And then do you know what happened?

They both just...ate it. And one of them had seconds. And they said I should make this recipe again. So the moral of the story is: eight years and 74 days into parenthood I am still absolute garbage at predicting the whims of my progeny.



They are riddles, wrapped in mystery, inside a miasma of Goldfish crumbs and confusing Minecraft factoids


I got to do one of my very favorite things this weekend, which is watch live tapings of podcasts.






And now I know for sure that Ana Marie Cox raises her eyebrows questioningly just as often as I imagined she must


I also got do do one of my other very favorite things, which is go out for Mexican food.



VERY SUCCESSFUL, THIS WEEKEND. TWO THUMBS UP.