3.16.2012

It's not like they don't make adult diapers

This has been one of those weeks when what I cook for dinner is a little misleading as far as my actual nutritional intake. Healthy stuff!

Lemon and dill chicken. I loooooove fresh dill and would maybe double it here.

Lentil soup with sweet potatoes and spinach. Not bad considering it's just a hot bowl of fiber.
Oh, here we go. Wednesday was Pi Day (3-14). Did I plan ahead for this? No, I did not. But by the time the fifth person had mentioned it on Twitter I was pretty sure NOT celebrating this pun-inspired day of baking revelry would haunt me until my dying days. So I made a pie.


Remember when I made a pie from scratch and it was a whole big thing? Now I know the secret to pie dough is to be super distracted by other stuff and not care very much about how it turns out. This has been Helpful Kitchen Tips with Erica.

What was I distracted by? And why aren't there very many pictures of Anna today? Well, Anna spent the last three days naked because I'm ready for her to prove she's a civilized human by using a toilet. Spring Break seemed like a fun time to pee on various, non-toilet surfaces. (I don't think I'm alone in this.) I've never potty trained a toddler before, so I don't have much to compare it with, but I do like to think I can recognize a hilariously thorough failure when I'm involved in one. It's okay though. She used to not eat bananas! And I recycled a joke from that post recently! Anyway, she totally eats bananas now. She's just a taking-her-time kind of girl. Hey guys, what do you say we abandon this experiment for a while?


And have pizza for dinner?


On the bright side, I'm pretty sure my enthusiasm traumatized Anna so completely that we won't have to worry about going through this again for a pretty long time.