4.27.2018

Jackfruit: nature's extremely mild prank

My experimentation with my new Penzey's spices continues this week, and possibly into future weeks, and maybe just until I use up all my nice free spices, who knows. First I put some of the Adobo Seasoning into these Jackfruit Tacos. Adobo: good. Jackfruit: weird. It has a texture like artichoke hearts but it looks disconcertingly like shredded meat, so if that's what you're in the market for you're in luck.



Way off to the side note: I had to abandon the original jackfruit taco recipe I was looking at because it kept referring to "tortillas" as "soft tacos" as though a tortilla is called a taco and I started to feel like I was losing my mind

I also sprinkled some Florida Seasoned Pepper onto pan-seared salmon. I really liked how the citrus element brightened the flavor of the fish.



"Too peppery" raved my children


Anna has been killing it at school this week with various presentations and entire stop-motion animation videos and such.







I find this especially impressive because I'm not sure how much I would accomplish if I attended a school with a mystical rock maze in the middle of it.



Like...not a ton