9.16.2014

I know someone out there needs to get rid of a pile of brownies

Oh wow, do you guys remember when I offered to take any unwanted non-paleo-approved foods off of your collective health-conscious hands? Well, 20 months later someone finally took me up on it! I KNEW IT WOULD WORK.


Now I have these graaaaaaaaaains.

Okay, so amaranth and lentils aren't EXACTLY the forbidden fruits I was after (and I believe fruit is mostly allowed anyway), but they are still very much appreciated. Thanks, Theresa!


Some optional toppings for lentil soup include: yogurt, croutons, leftover butter-basted salmon with hazelnut relish.


And remember, if any edibles in your household are threatening to bloat or otherwise inconvenience you, we have an open (pantry) door policy here. Send them right this way.

Yesterday Anna came home from school and immediately flopped on the ground in order to tell me about her day, almost as though she had not eaten lunch since 10:24 am.



I think the idea is that most kindergarteners are on hobbit time anyway.


Ivy doesn't really tell me about her day, but I assume if preschool is issuing awards for "crayon wrapper removal" or "having hair," she is cleaning up.





HEY ANNA WHOOPS WE FORGOT TO DO ANYTHING FOR MEXICAN INDEPENDENCE DAY, WHICH IS TODAY.


Es muy triste.


 But at least it's not too late to VOTE, GUYS.