10.23.2010

I was just thinking I needed more ways to waste my time

Playdate time again! Here's Anna working on her "hostess" face:

I'm off-camera hissing "More prim and proper!"
She did a pretty good job, but I think she was glad when everyone left and she could get back to normal.

Dirt, her truest friend.
Thursday night we had some Moroccan Lentil Soup via Serious Eats. It's a slow cooker recipe, since I needed to redeem myself from Sunday's, uh, mishap.


I know it looks like a pretty standard bean and veggie stew, but what you can't see is how it's NOT slowly killing us with its zesty tomatoes'n'BPA because I totally bought some boxed tomatoes.

I sort of missed the subtle tang of mysterious illness.
Lastly, it's time to say goodbye to an old companion. My years-old, free-with-contract phone finally reached an unusable state. Basically, if it were a dog, it would be blind and have two legs and one ear. And mange.

It went down hard.
Don't have much to say about its replacement except that I'm afraid to carry it over hard floors and it's full of angry birds. Improvement? Hard to tell.

2 comments:

  1. I'm so glad that you found BPA-free tomatoes. Ever since you read that article and mentioned it here, I feel guilty about opening a can of tomatoes. I'll have to keep my eyes open for the boxed variety.

    p.s. angry birds are very addicting. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have you seen the Angry Birds plushies? soooo cute.

    ReplyDelete