4.27.2012

Failblog

So this week's theme is: failure. It was a spectacular week for failure here! A festival of failure, if you will. (I completely understand if you won't.)

Approximately one second after my last post, the repeated typing of the word "sugar" broke my brain and I ate every carbohydrate within three zip codes. They were delicious and I regret nothing. But I still had this low-sugar menu planned out, so here are some Southwest turkey sliders:

They were probably good, but I was pretty full from eating every single carbohydrate in North Austin.
And then I lost my softball game. I mean, I personally lost my softball game. I went to bat with one out and hit the saddest girl-grounder in history and then a double play happened (it's Passive Voice Day, you guys) and that was that. Ugh. I need a minute. Look at my cute baby.


NOW LOOK AT ALL THE HOPE IN ANNA'S EYES BEFORE I LOST AN ENTIRE GAME BY MYSELF.


It's okay, though. I'm definitely on the road to recovery. Dan cheered me up this morning by making a wonderful, bacony breakfast.

I already kind of forgot what we were talking about.
And Ivy cheered me up by practicing her sarcasm faces.


I feel okay with being a constant source of disappointment if this is the face I'm met with.