7.07.2010

The mariachi music was probably overkill

LND: Tomato-chipotle soup with peach salsa from the Bon Appétit Cookbook. I think I was overcompensating for last week's steaming pot of autumn by going for a light, cool, summery gazpacho-type vibe, and the big orange tome rarely disappoints. However, once it was all assembled, I couldn't help but feel that Bon Appétit had tricked me into making a bowl of salsa with salsa on top of it for dinner.

Maybe I shouldn't have served it with chips and guacamole.


Not that it wasn't tasty, but when dinner was over I was pretty much ready for my enchilada combo plate. Man, usually I really nail it with soups, but the last two have resulted in experiences of: Thanksgiving; the first 15 minutes at a Mexican restaurant. Tune in next week, when I will somehow evoke Yom Kippur in liquid form.

This morning was music class, which tends to be about 20 minutes of fun followed by 30 minutes of fussy struggle. Anna started off the day in a state of slight confusion due to a bowl of shakers that looked like various food items.

Ceci n'est pas une orange.


The hell?


Wait a minute...if they're disguising instruments as food, maybe they're also DISGUISING FOOD AS INSTRUMENTS.


Guys, stop. I have a theory.


Anyway, Dan is sick today, probably because I fed him a condiment for dinner last night, so we're trying to take it easy. By which I mean I'm going to skip working out. In solidarity.

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This post has also been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete