8.10.2010

For whom the drawstring loosens

A few days ago I bought my first new pair of pants since Anna was born. They are not one-year-later return-to-form victory pants. They have a drawstring. They are designed for people who have abandoned the idea of actual pants. My being out of shape has started to take a turn for the literal, as in, my current shape is incorrect. I can't figure out how this happened.

Lately I've been thinking that blogging, especially food-oriented blogging, would be much easier if I had a gimmick.

Ahem.


But my clothes are tight, my ambition is low, and my attention span is of the "That dog has a puffy tail!" variety. So here is what I landed on: I occasionally get recipes from a website that purports to list the World's Healthiest Foods. It stands to reason, then, that if I eat only things on this list for five days, I will be the World's Healthiest Person. Not counting the previous 11,040 days.

Yesterday was Day One. The first day in any physical self-improvement endeavor is always pretty easy, before the caffeine headache kicks in and I realize that I am still fat but am now also very hungry. Day One menu: Poached Egg over Spinach, Mediterranean Lentil Salad, Salmon with Dill Sauce over romaine and Steamed Herbed Potatoes.





I haven't managed to find the beer and wine section of the website yet. Hmm. Anyway, I'm thinking that this blog won't be great for vicarious living this week unless you have an abnormal obsession with greens. In which case, prepare to be very, very jealous.

When I'm not daydreaming about the chicken fried steak I made last week, I'm trying to read The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo. I think I would make much faster progress if I weren't so completely delighted by all the Swedish names. Dan better hope our next kid isn't a boy, because he's going to have an awful time talking me out of the name Sixten Jerker Huff.

Anna is attempting to run away to a place where will she will be dressed less comically.

1 comment:

  1. In Ireland, before Inception, they showed a preview of the sequel to the movie of Girl With a Dragon Tattoo that's coming out. The sequel's coming out, I mean. The movie already came out. And I mean the European version of both, not the US Daniel Craig adaptation. This is the kind of clear, concise comment that a liberal-arts graduate writes.

    Also I had the same funny-names experience when seeing/watching Smilla's Sense of Snow.

    ReplyDelete