8.31.2010

I guess we all knew I would spawn a fashion snob, right?

I really feel at a loss having no food pictures to work with, so here is a shot of my Lair of Bon Appétit Meals Past.



I am non-systematically attempting to clear out the fridge before we go up to Mansfield for the weekend by eating five bites of things at a time straight out of the container all day long. So, the same as a normal week except I don't cook dinner at the end of the day.

When I initially noticed that Anna's first project of the day was smearing strawberries all over her yellow pants, I assumed that it was no different than any other day of energetically smearing things on other things. But then I took in the look as a whole, and I started to wonder if maybe she was trying to capture the revival-of-the-90s'-revival-of-the-60s, Haight-Ashbury-goes-through-a-Play-Doh-factory aesthetic of the shirt by improvising a faux tie-dye effect on the bottoms. Could she be a fashion savant?

I swear we don't watch Project Runway until after she's asleep.


The more I thought about it, though, the more it seemed like rather than earnestly altering her look to create a cohesive style, she was probably just making some sort of comment about the outfit.

A sarcastic one.